Theme: Romance | Sub theme: Best Friends | Is there sex? Yep
Rating: 4.5/5 | Verdict: Must-listen!
- Don't let the light semi-corny beginnings fool you, their story develops well so listen through it 'til the end!
- If you're a Taylor swift fan, take note of the Chapter Titles ;)
Audiobook Voices: Excellent - There's a guy and girl narrator!
We’re just friends.
No, really. She’s just my best friend...
Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)
Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.
Never thought about it.
Never wanted to.
Until one night changed everything.
At least, it should’ve ...
We’re just friends.
I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…
Semi-Spoilery Afterthoughts (Read more after you have read the book, and comment if you agree about any of them!):
- Arizona is such a fun name to say! And it's so sexy when Carter says it ;)
- As a Taylor Swift fan, the chapter titles are corny but also quite endearing! Kudos to the author! I can tell she is a total hopeless romantic.
- The first time they both realized that the other was 'hot' in that way was like the corniest ever wasn't it? It's like, after years and years of treating each other as just best friends, one day the sun was just glistening in the right direction or something and then bam! Instant-like. Thank goodness the flow becomes a lot better after that.
- Tattoos are totally hot and romantic. (Especially if both are analyzing them naked!)
- It's always the case that the guy is a playboy and the girl is really picky... but I don't think I'd have it any other way.
- I'd love to have a best friend like Carter, dang it. Always there for her, hot, always there for her, smart, always there for her, tattooed... and did I say that he was always there for her?? There's no doubt in my mind that he did love her-- all the way from fourth grade ;)